Cost Effective Heating recognises that by carrying out our business the environment can be affected and we accept our environmental responsibilities.
Our aim is to:
• Comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice
• Promote environmental good practice within our company
• Reduce pollution, emissions and waste
• Reduce the use of all raw materials, energy and supplies
• Minimise waste and recycle everything possible
• Provide customers with information on how to use products in an environmentally-sensitive way
Cost Effective Heating will continue to make improvements to reduce the impact we have on the environment.
Please do not throw electrical equipment in your bin, including items with a crossed out wheely bin symbol.
This is because:
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment.
If you do not recycle electrical items they will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination - harming wildlife and also human health.
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items.
To find a FREE recycling centre in your area that will happily take your old appliance click on the link below